Scope/Standards of Practice for the Profession of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Taking blood pressure?
- Writing patient diet orders, tube feeding orders or lab orders?
- Accepting verbal orders?
- An NDTR not working under the supervision of an RDN?
- An NDTR writing PES Statements?
- Co-signing in the medical records for NDTRs and support staff?
- Are You an RDN with Scope/Standards of Practice Questions About…
Comprehensive Scope/Standards of Practice Resources Include:
- Scope of Practice in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Scope of Practice for the Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- Standards of Practice in Nutrition Care and Standards of Professional Performance for Registered Dietitian Nutritionists
- Scope of Practice for the Nutrition and Dietetics Technician, Registered
- Standards of Practice in Nutrition Care and Standards of Professional Performance for Nutrition and Dietetics Technicians, Registered
- Scope of Practice Decision Tool
- Definition of Terms
SOP/SOPP-RDs in Nephrology Care
The SOP/SOPP workgroup recently completed the updated and new guidelines that were completed in September 2014 and published again in both the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and the Journal of Renal Nutrition.
Updated 2014 Guidelines (pdf)
The first SOP/SOPP Guidelines were completed in September 2009 and published as the “Standards of Practice and Standards of Professional Performance for RDs in Nephrology Care” in both the Journal of the American Dietetic Association and the Journal of Renal Nutrition.
Click Here (pdf)